Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Money $aving Mondays {11.01.2015 Edition}

Hello Lovelies!

Forgive my absence. I was never paid for blogging; it was a hobby of mine. Life happened. Our condo was flooded by a negligent neighbor and our master suite was gutted and renovated due to all the damage. We paid for our bathroom to be tiled (slate = swoon) and a new shower to be tiled. We love it. That story and those updates will be coming your way another day. In order to ease myself back into blogging, I have a short one today.

It's Money Saving Monday so here's what I did to save money on my monkey fist doorstop crush. This was before all things nautical arrived at Hobby Lobby at an affordable price. I love those monkey fist doorstops made of rope. Love them. Before Hob Lob, they could be found at Pottery Barn and Ballard Designs for a pricey song. I saw this dog toy at TJMaxx and for $3.99, I went with it. We use it as a doorstop in our Master Bedroom. Can't beat the price and I love that it looks different from all the others. Besides, if our dog ever grabs a hold of it, it's soft and we have no worries about her carrying it around. She has never tried to grab it. Our dog has manners. She won't gobble food dropped on the kitchen floor unless she is told she can do so. Barking at people passing by or ringing the doorbell is another story. She is kind and I like her manners. It's what makes her unique.

Anyway, here's the photo of the dog toy that is now our Monkey Fist Doorstop.


 
Not too bad. Photos were taken with my phone so forgive the lack of quality. What are your money saves?
 
Linking up to these old favorites of mine, DIY Showoff and Linda at Coastal Charm...
And a new blog friend...
 
Blessings...
 

2 comments:

  1. Clever! Thank you for sharing this week on the Art of Home-Making Mondays and so sorry to hear about your flooding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you much JES! Thank you for sharing your sweet blog with all of us.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and I read every single one. Comments are moderated in order to prevent Spam. Thank you for spending time on my blog. XO ~Kimberly